Sukacita dimaklumkan Lembaga Urus Air Selangor (LUAS) melalui Seksyen ICM sedang menganjurkan pertandingan fotografi 2012 sempena East Asian Seas Congress. Penyertaan terbuka kepada pelajar IPTA dan IPTS yang berumur di antara 18 - 22 tahun. Tema bagi pertandingan ini adalah 'Young Champions for the Oceans'. Pertandingan bermula pada 1hb Februari 2012 dan tarikh tutup penyertaan adalah pada 17hb Februari 2012
2. Berikut dilampirkan borang, syarat penyertaan dan poster pertandingan. Maklumat berkaitan pertandingan ini juga boleh diperoleh melalui portal luas. Sehubungan itu, kerjasama dari tuan/puan untuk menghebahkan perkara ini kepada kenalan amatlah dihargai. Untuk maklumat lanjut, sila berhubung dengan saya atau Encik Nahar di talian 03-55113590 samb. 103/105.
- Lembaga Urus Air Selangor (LUAS)
Lembaga Urus Air Selangor (LUAS) is a one-stop agency for the management of water resources, river basin & coastal waters in the State of Selangor. It was established under the Selangor Waters Management Authority Enacment 1999 pursuant to the approval of the Selangor State Legislative Assembly on April 1999.
Port Klang Integrated Coastal Management (ICM)
On July 2001 the Selangor Government signed a „Memorandum of Agreement‟(MOA) with International Maritime Organisation (IMO) to implement the ICM Project in Port Klang with the District of Klang & Kuala Langat chosen as the „National Pioneer & Demonstration Site‟ under the PEMSEA programme to plan, develop & implement the integrated management of coastal areas.
Exclusively for the implementation of the project, a „Project Management Office‟ for the management & administration of ICM was established and operates at Lembaga Urus Air Selangor (LUAS).
Partnership In Environmental Management For The Seas Of East Asia (PEMSEA)
For more than a decade, PEMSEA has been active in the pursuit of sustainable development, protecting life – support systems and enabling the sustainable use and management of coastal and marine resources through intergovernmental, interagency, and multi sectoral partnerships.
Together with its partners, PEMSEA fulfilled its objectives and achieved a number of milestones in the field of integrated coastal management, which include the EAS Congress 2003 & the Ministerial Forum, that led to the signing of the Putrajaya Declaration, also known as the Sustainable Development Strategy for the SEAS of East Asia (SDS - SEA).
EAS Congress 2012
The EAS Congress 2012 will be a venue for reviewing and sharing on the ground experiences in integrated management of coastal and marine resources. Carrying the theme, “Building a Blue Economy: Strategy, Opportunities and Partnerships in the Seas of East Asia”, The EAS Congress 2012 will highlight initiatives and good practices covering key aspects of coastal & marine resources management and how interregional, interagency & multi sectoral partnerships are contributing to regional and international environmental targets. The EAS Congress 2012 will be hosted by the government of the Republic of Korea.
The 3rd EAS Youth Forum
Specifically designed for young environmental enthusiasts, the 3rd EAS Youth Forum builds on the success of the 1st EAS Youth Forum in 2006, whereby the Youth Agenda for the Seas of East Asia was formulated and adopted. The 3rd EAS Youth Forum hopes to provide a platform for the Youth of the EAS region to converge and be involved in a dynamic discussion of key issues and actions for the sustainable development of the coastal and ocean environment of the region. In particular, the 3rd EAS Youth Forum will look into the actions taken in line with the Youth Agenda, and focus on the role and contributions of the youth on coastal protection & development in their respective communities.
I. To promote on ocean & coastal governance among the youth;
II. To provide knowledge sharing on sustainable development of the marine & coastal environment;
III. To select a talented & charismatic youth to represent Malaysia in „The 3rd EAS Youth Forum, Changwon City, Republic of Korea on 9th – 13th July 2012.
Organised by :
Lembaga Urus Air Selangor (LUAS)
Tingkat 12 & 13, Bangunan Darul Ehsan
No. 3, Jalan Indah, Seksyen 14
40000 Shah Alam, Selangor Darul Ehsan
PEMSEA coordinator in implementing of Port Klang ICM as a National Demonstration Project.
For enquires : 03-55113590 ext 103
Website : www.luas.gov.my
YOUNG CHAMPIONS FOR THE OCEANS
3 x GRAND PRIZE
Round trip & join The 3rd EAS Youth Forum 2012, Changwon City, Korea.
Certificate of participation.
Including : Air Fare ticket & accomodation
Exclude : Passport expenses.
7 x CONSOLATION PRIZE
Certificate of participation.
‘PHOTOGRAPHY CONTEST 2012‘
1st February 2012 – 17th February 2012
- LAMPIRAN ‘B’
PHOTOGHAPHY CONTEST RULES AND CONDITIONS
“Young Champions for the Oceans”
1. Open to IPTA & IPTS students who are enrolled at a university/college on or before the closing date; attached with resume and matrix card photocopy.
2. Malaysian and the age of 18 to 22.
3. Write and speak in English fluently.
4. Applicants are an active member in environmental organization (supporting letter required).
HOW TO ENTER
5. Each submission must be accompanied by an entry form (which is available on the LUAS’s website: www.luas.gov.my).
6. Entries must be received by/before 17th February, 2012 at the following address :
URUSETIA PERTANDINGAN FOTOGRAFI
LEMBAGA URUS AIR SELANGOR,
TINGKAT 12 & 13 BANGUNAN DARUL EHSAN
NO.3 JALAN INDAH SEKSYEN 14,
40000 SHAH ALAM, SELANGOR.
(u.p : Puan Norfaezah binti Shamsuddin)
RULES AND REGULATIONS
7. Entries must have related to the contest theme, which is “Young Champions for the Oceans”.
8. Prints submitted must be 4R size.
9. Photograph/s submitted is/are not returnable and all entries shall remain the property of Lembaga Urus Air Selangor (LUAS) which retains the right to reproduce, publish or exhibit them without notification or payment to the photographers.
10. Photograph/s submitted for the contest must not have won prizes in any other contest or published elsewhere.
11. A photographer may submit a limited to three (3) entries and images must be taken ONLY in MALAYSIA.
12. Prints will be judged on the basis of composition, clarity, content, color and the appropriateness of the caption to the images.
13. Photograph/s must not be edited or retouched, digital super imposition, composite photographs, photo montage, trick photographs, digital imaging and image manipulations. The organizers shall not be responsible for photograph/s damaged or lost during mail.
14. The winners will be notified and they must submit the soft copy of photographs to email@example.com before the prizes are confirmed. Failure to do this will result in their entries being rejected.
15. The decision of the judges is final and no queries on the results will be entertained.
16. 3 x 1st Prize Winners will receive a round trip and join The 3rd EAS Youth Forum 2012 in Republic of Korea. His will include round trip economy airline tickets to-from Korea and accommodation arranged by EAS Congress 2012 Secretariat.
17. The trips are scheduled to take places on certain dates in July 2012.
18. Winners must pay on their own side for their passport.
19. All prizes are non transferable and are not redeemable for cash.
20. Announcement of winners will be made at the LUAS’s website.
Sekian, terima kasih.